Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Its Cold walk to Hells Hole

So this is the hike Ryan and I decided to do last weekend! He found it and read that it was a good "snowshoeing trail". But instead of renting showshoes like normal people, we trecked it out in just plain ol un-waterproofed hiking shoes! haha- we are dumb. It was so cold i was frozen almost the whole time - all 10 toes were at one point, i am sure, on the verge of frostbite. I couldn't feel any of them. We were above our knees in snow towards the top and i didn't get any pics of that because i was too concerned about surviving. haha - but here are some pics of just how beautiful it was! The carvings on the trees lined the trail for most of the way and were the sweetest things. 
I love that this sign says: Mandatory: Shovel, Axe and Bucket. ??? like anyone could hike with that?! 
Just a glimpse of the beauty of hiking in the snowy woods



There were definitely bullet holes in this sign. Kinda weird. haha

We ended up stopping here and turning around after 2 1/2 hours of uphill hiking. I was exhausted and frozen solid! But it was worth the view!
We had to ice skate part of the trail! haha
Man, i love Colorado. But i am missing my family. Love you guys!

toodles
*Nik

3 comments:

carozza said...

that looks so pretty!
okay next time it says it is a snowshoeing trail doesn't mean you can hike in boots that is a clue to get some snowshoes.

Julee said...

Those pics are so pretty! I hate cold feet more than anything! Matt gets annoyed because I never take off my uggs! I bet you were freezing! Prob should have gotten some snowshoes. :)

Mac Girl said...

That is so beautiful, you lucky dog! The whole "snowshoeing thing" is you totally"! And who is Ryan???? Love you!