Wednesday, October 22, 2008

OUCH!! - [not for the faint of heart]


The Infamous can of doom
Ok- so i have funny, yet painful story~ :[brace yourselves]: 

This morning i was cleaning the apartment, as usual, and decided to shake off the rugs. I stepped out our front door (which faces the interstate and a flight of stairs for the apartment above us.) When i was shaking off the rugs, i noticed there was an unsightly "Keystone" beer can in the bushes. I ducked under the stair case to grab it, which is pretty low, and then turned around to walk back out to throw it away... im not totally sure, but i must have thought i had cleared the stairs, because i stood up and WHACK!- the next thing i remember i was laying on my back underneath a dirty staircase with beer can in my hands and two rugs next to me. haha I was a sight to see!!!

I layed there for while... stunned and wondering if i had just made a 2x4 sized hole in my head!! And as i layed there, i had flashback to my diving board experience when i was 13... 

You see... about 11 years ago - i was playing in my neighbors pool. Our neighbor was a large, 16 year old boy. While i was on the diving board, he decided to hold on to the bottom of it, to annoy me. Well, i didnt like that - so when it was his turn, i decided to do the same to him. As i held onto the low diving board with both hands, John decided to take a running leap and do the biggest cannon ball he could muster up... which coincidentally - left a larger hole in my head than it did in the water.... I ended up having to get 8 staples in the dome of my head and needless to say, wasn't invited over to swim much after that. haha 

The place the 2x4 hit me today.... RIGHT ON THE SCAR!!  I cringe thinking about it. Its a sensitive place on the best of days. I didnt realize it was bleeding until i called my mom to laugh about how crazy i must have looked; touched the spot again and ... FEAR STRICKEN, bloody-handed me was zapped back to that 13 year old little girl, who just ran home looking like freddie crooger's victim. 

I took some pictures just to remember the humor of this day... and also the pain. I would post them, but im sure you wouldnt like an anatomy lesson on where brains go.. ;)- totally kidding. it wasn't that bad. Instead - here are some pictures on the infamous beer can, the stair case... and my cover up hair do... ;) 


The stair case and bushes where i saw the can...

What I saw when i was laying on my back... (The beam. Topher came later.)

PEOPLE:  DON'T LITTER!! It really can cause others harm! lol

My new do - i dig the braid down the side. lol


much love!!


p.s. im SO thankful i wasn't hurt worse- i doubt Topher would have known how to dial 911!! lol Thank God for Guardian Angels!!


4 comments:

carozza said...

haha i love it! remember how ryan had to drive yall to the er and all i could worry about was you not bleeding all over his brother truck. haha
sorry about that.

Nikki said...

haha- i do remember. Silly teenager. ;) -i also remember all i could think was "i dont want to die!!" lol- im in some serious pain here.

barri said...

Oh the memories are flooding in now...I can see it...you came running into the house screaming "I'm dying...Mom, I don't want to die..." hahahahah! You didn't even tell the story about running under the playground set! HA!

erin elizabeth said...

Man! Who knew beer was so dangerous?!?!!? I'm gald you didn't need staples this time! You pics of Colorado are beautiful! I love the mountains. Have you had your first snow yet?