Friday, January 16, 2009

Skiing, Concerts and Oh, so much snow!!

This is our little fox that would visit us in Crested Butte - just so beautiful!
This is the view from our Crested Butte condo - looks fake, its so beautiful!

This is the "Wildflower"  - where we stayed in Breckenridge. I took this pic from the other side of the street - but it looks like an add. haha


Think its time to post something else.. .

I kinda lost touch with the whole blogging thing.. but I thought I might as well just make it into a journal of things i'm doing, or want to do - more for myself than anyone. Just so I can look back and read it later. 

I can't believe I will have been here for 5 months on January 25th!! Thats longer than any trip - including study abroad, that i've ever been on! I can't deny that i've had my moments when I've been ready to pack it up and come back home - but, I really do love this place. How can you not look out at the mountains and be thankful? But what I love most - is the environmental friendliness of this place! I've never seen so many trails anywhere - right outside my door! And everyone wants to be organic and exercise outside and recycle and drive hybrid cars and there is no limit to their cause. I love it! Only negative: My family is much, MUCH to far away. I miss them so much!

Anywho - I went to a concert last night in Boulder and it was awesome! Katie Herzig and Griffin House played at the b.side lounge and they were excellent! I even stood next to Katie's mom in line and got to talk to her for a bit - she was really down to earth. (Not sure what i expected her to be.... but still - very cool moment!) :)  

The weekend before I got to go to Crested Butte with some friends and ski. I had such a good time!! And it was possibly one of the most beautiful sites i've ever seen - overlooking the snowy mountain village! The most magical scene i've ever seen! A few weeks before that I got to tag along with some friends to Breckenridge! It was amazing - as you can see from the pic above, we stayed in the cutest loft ever - right on Main street, above a gift shop! I have been SO lucky to have great friends who stay in the coolest places ever! 

Anywho - im doing good here. If i could just get a job outside of this house - i would be doing EVEN better! :) 

Love and miss you all - ALL! xoxoxo